Tuesday 2 September 2008

Technology Updates

Hi! It's been a while hasn't it?

Today was a rather interesting day in terms of tech. First of, we have Google launching their own browser - Chrome. I can say that I'm fairly excited and will test it out tomorrow. To clear your head of inconceivable technology jargon - I'll translate. Basically, the browsers we use today (Firefox, IE7 etc.), are all built on ancient cores - none of them are written from scratch. All these browsers were designed from the web requirements of the 90's - when there was nothing like video playing, interaction and stuff on the web.

Obviously, this has changed. Google Chrome is built from scratch, specifically designed for these kinds of thinks. They have a unique, dynamic memory allotment all going to combat the resource problem most browsers have.


The other thing is Spore. If you don't know what it is, read it. I can't wait for Sept 7th! (Unfortunately, my exams start from 15th :() I remember that the main highlight of last month was the LHC finally revving up. Go catch that Higgs Boson!

Catch ya later!
~EB

No comments: